This is a sure to become a favorite snack. Kids love to join in the cooking process too and may even try eating the carrots or zucchini that thought they despised because its shredded up and then disguised! Make a large batch and freeze some for later. It's fun to make the mini muffins too.
1 box of spice cake mix
(usually calls to add water, vegetable oil and eggs)
*replace eggs with Egg Beaters
*replace half of vegetable oil with apple sauce (no sugar added)
- Shred carrots and zucchini using a cheese grater.
- Combine spice cake mix and other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir shredded vegetables into spice cake batter.
- Add cupcake liners to muffin tins and pour batter into each liner, filling almost to the top.
- Garnish batter with extra shredded vegetables for a fun topping.
- Bake according to directions on box.
- Cool and enjoy!